Job Title: Geoscientist
Location: Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
- Perform technical services on integrated geophysical and geological studies according to the project scope of works, deliverables, and deadlines.
- Prepare technical reports, presentations, and workshops to obtain an endorsement from the project owner or client on project deliverables during project reviews/milestones and after project completion, with high technical integrity as recommended/reviewed/required by Peer and Technical Assurance.
- Conduct seismic interpretation (2D/3D) works at the regional, ﬁeld, and prospect scales.
- Perform fault interpretation for structural and stratigraphic trap analysis, and ability to explain the structural framework model with the regional tectonic setting.
- Perform horizon interpretation in regional and ﬁeld-scale correlation including across faults.
- Perform seismic sequence stratigraphy and seismic facies as part of integrated sequence stratigraphic analysis to provide input for geomodelling works.
- Generate seismic attributes and perform seismic geomorphology analysis by integrating geological information for mapping the depositional facies or sand fairways.
- Produce depth structural map using various conversion depth conversion techniques.
- Screen and generate leads/prospects, and prospect evaluation including risk analysis and hydrocarbon resource/reserves estimations (deterministic and probabilistic).
- Mentor junior geoscience professionals in the team (domain and project).
- Possess BSc, MSc or PhD in Geology/Geophysics or similar discipline.
- Minimum of 5 years working experience in the oil and gas E&P industry as a Geoscientist
- Good skill in 2D/3D seismic interpretation techniques, basic attribute generation and working knowledge of industry-standard software including Petrel and Paleoscan is essential.
- Able to handle, QC and guide the project team on data management for all related seismic and well data.
- Proven work experience in conducting seismic (horizon & fault) interpretation work and producing depth structure map(s) using basic methods of time-to-depth conversion.
- A good understanding of structural geology and modelling methods (including VBM/water-tight structural model, structural reconstruction, restoration and balance interpretation)
- A good understanding of geological concepts to apply seismic sequence stratigraphic analysis.
- Knowledgeable of quantitative interpretation techniques.
- Able to perform deterministic and probabilistic volumetric calculations
- V ery good command of English, excellent communication and presentation skills, and proven record in technical/scientiﬁc report writing skills.
- A good team player with strong interpersonal and analytical thinking skills with experiences in a multi-disciplinary environment.
Interested? Submit your CV to email@example.com
*Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.