Job Title: Senior Geoscientist
Position: Permanent / Contract
Location: Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Closing Date: 5 May 2021
- Perform technical services and/or consultancy on integrated geophysical and geological studies on projects according to the scope of works, deliverables, and deadlines.
- Prepare technical reports, presentations, and workshops for the clients during project reviews/milestones and after project completion
- Perform prospect to basin-scale seismic interpretation (2D/3D) for play fairway analysis, volumetric estimation, and structural modelling in supporting integrated exploration and/or ﬁeld development projects.
- Hands-on seismic interpretation work at the regional, ﬁeld, and prospect scales for exploration and development projects.
- Perform fault interpretation with high conﬁdence included structurally complex regions for structural and stratigraphic trap analysis, and ability to explain the structural framework and its development with the regional tectonic setting.
- Perform seismic sequence stratigraphy and seismic facies as part of integrated sequence stratigraphic analysis to provide input for geomodelling works.
- Perform seismic geomorphology analysis by integrating seismic attributes and geological information to map the depositional systems or sand fairways.
- Geophysical interpretation of different potential methods (magnetic, gravity, EM, etc) to identify and map major structural elements in the basin.
- Produce depth structural map using various conversion depth conversion techniques.
- Screen and generate leads/prospects, and prospect evaluation including risk analysis and hydrocarbon resource/reserves estimations (deterministic and probabilistic).
- Lead and work directly with an integrated team of Geomodelers, Sedimentologists, Geophysicists, Petrophysicists, and Reservoir Engineers as and when required;
- Lead, coaching and mentor junior geoscience professionals in the team (domain and project).
- To join any technical consultancy projects as required by the company
- To participate in any technical review and discussion as required by the company.
- Possess BSc, MSc, or Ph.D. in Geology/Geophysics or similar discipline.
- Minimum of 10 years proven working experience in the oil and gas exploration and development and/or oil and gas consultancy as a Geoscientist
- Competent in 2D/3D seismic interpretation techniques and working knowledge of industry-standard software including Petrel and Paleoscan is essential.
- Hands-on seismic interpretation experience on exploration and development projects at the regional, ﬁeld, and prospect scales
- A good understanding of the pitfalls and limitations in seismic interpretation included key geophysical uncertainties and quantiﬁcation of these uncertainties
- Good understanding of structural geology and skills in interpretation/modelling methods (including VBM/water-tight structural model, structural reconstruction, restoration, and balance interpretation)
- A strong understanding of geological concepts, to include structural, facies, and sequence stratigraphic analysis
- Knowledgeable of quantitative interpretation techniques and a sound understanding of petrophysical data for seismic reservoir characterization.
- Competent in structural map generation and depth conversion techniques.
- Competent in deterministic and probabilistic volumetric calculations
- Very good command of English, excellent communication and presentation skills, and proven record in technical/scientiﬁc report writing skills.
- A good team player with strong interpersonal skills with experiences in a multi-disciplinary environment
Interested? Submit your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
*Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.